Our team of surveyors, hydraulic engineers and planning experts are highly experienced in the provision of comprehensive Flood Risk Assessment and drainage reports to ensure full compliance with planning policy (e.g. NPPF, PPS25, TAN15, SPP). This can help to ensure that your development secures planning permission via the identification of flood risks and the implementation of sustainable mitigation measures.
We aim to maximise our success rate by getting involved early in the planning process. Our Flood Risk Assessment products and services include:
- To accompany all planning applications over one hectare in size and/or located within a flood risk area.
- Comprehensive assessment of all potential sources of flood risk, mitigation measures and recommendations.
- Includes extensive negotiation with the EA and LPA to inform appropriate design.
- Always up to date with the National Planning Policy Framework and the latest guidance notes.
More about Flood Risk Assessment (FRA)
[ Flood Risk Statement (FRS) ]
- For domestic/commercial extensions.
- Designed to satisfy Local Planning Authorities concerns with small developments within the floodplain.
[ Surface Water Drainage and SUDS ]
- Ambiental's network of experienced Drainage Engineers can assist you in providing the drainage information you need to gain approval.
- Determine how surface and foul water should be managed on your site.
- Mitigate the risk of surface water flooding on your site and surrounding area.
- Meet the requirements of the National Planning Policy Framework, the Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities.
[ Flood Risk Scoping Report (FRSR) ]
- Essential as a feasibility assessment in flood risk areas.
- Comprehensive risk screening including analysis of modelled flood levels and description of previous flood events, flood defences and suitability for development.
- Informs building design at the earliest stage.
- Analysis of impacts due to breaching of river/coastal flood defences;
- For areas benefitting from flood defences;
- Assessment of the likely impact of a breach in defences, including flood depth, duration and velocity.
More about Modelling for FRA
[ Sequential Test ]
- A comparative analysis of the application site and other potential sites in the identified area.
- Liaison with the LPA to obtain and analyse the current Land Availability.
- Includes extensive negotiation with the EA and LPA in order to inform the appropriate conditions (e.g. study area, size threshold, etc.).
- Identification of critical assets and infrastructure at risk (e.g. IT systems; key business functions)
- Estimation of the likelihood of flooding at specific site(s)
- Definition of procedures and emergency response plans.
More about FRA for Business Continuity Management
For your free quotation or if you simply need some advice on the FRA process, please contact one of our specialist consultants on 01273 704 464 or email your documents and contact details to
and a member of the FRA team will get back to you.
Alternatively, use our online form.