Government and development agencies
Maximising the impact of your flood reduction strategies
Making the right choices in terms of spending on flood management and prioritising flood risk reduction strategies can save billions of pounds and thousands of lives. Through our flood risk consultancy, we support governments and development organisations by helping them to:
- Understand flood mechanisms, vulnerability and flood risk
- Assess the potential impact of climate change on communities and infrastructure
- Prioritise plans to reduce flood risk and minimise damage
- Improve the resilience of new and existing infrastructure to flooding
- Improve emergency response through real-time flood forecasting and warning systems
- Secure funding to support investment programmes.
Helping you be more agile in your response to flood risk
As a highly specialised team we are able to help with both rapid assessments and in-depth research that supports decision-making around flood risk.
Our flexible, robust flood modelling software means we can develop and customise models relatively quickly, and use them to answer specific questions. This helps our clients be far more agile and responsive in making decisions that can protect people and infrastructure.
International case studies
The World Bank tasked us with identifying short, medium and long-term measures to urgently help reduce flood risk in Ibadan, Nigeria and thereby reduce the cost of flood damage.
Rising water levels in the Dead Sea are a cause for concern for the region’s infrastructure. To protect the local industry and communities we worked to identify the risks and conduct a cost-benefit analysis of risk reduction strategies.
Contact us to discuss your project with one of our flood risk consultants.