Planners and property developers
At Ambiental we conduct flood risk assessments (FRA) for planners, developers and conveyancers. We can help you understand your flood risks, meet basic planning application requirements, and recommend strategies to address complex flood risks that could stand in the way of you getting planning approval. Our services can help you:
- Reduce costs associated with planning delays and design changes
- Speed up the planning process through improved communication with the Environment Agency and local planning authorities
- Improve your chances of securing planning permission.
Our flood risk assessment services
As a flood risk consultancy we tailor any flood risk assessments or associated services to address specific issues or requirements that your local planning authority might have.
We frequently consult on and undertake:
- Flood risk assessments for planning applications, including:
- Flood risk assessments for NPPF (formerly PPS25), SPP, and TAN 15
- 1D Computational flood modelling to support planning applications
- 2D Computational flood models to support planning applications
- Groundwater flood risk assessments or basement impact assessments
- Reports to gain credits for Code for Sustainable Homes or BREEAM accreditation
- Sequential and exception testing
- Surface water drainage strategies
- Flood response plans and flood warning and evacuation plans.
Call one of our flood risk consultants to discuss what you need – 0203 857 8540
Planning case studies
Gaining planning approval in a high-risk flood zone can be a challenge. We helped developers overcome objections from the Environment Agency through recommending suitable flood defences and risk management strategies.
Even in a low-risk flood zone, changing the land use can alter infiltration and cause concerns for local residents and the Environment Agency. A new solar farm in Gloucestershire needed to show they wouldn’t increase flood risk.