Protect your people, property and assets against flooding
What’s the Flood Risk Assessment process?
A comprehensive Flood Risk Assessment (FRA) for business continuity planning or due diligence typically involves:
- Gathering and analysing all the available flood risk information for the site
- Collating flood data from the Environment Agency (if required) and from our own in-house 2D flood modelling using our proprietary flood modelling software
- Evaluating the likelihood, depth and extent of flood waters and their impact for a variety of return periods
- A detailed assessment of flood risk relating to fluvial, tidal, groundwater and sewer flooding
- Conducting a site survey to gain a thorough understanding of the area and any existing measures to reduce flood risk
What will the report include?
Our detailed reports combine the best available data for the area (either our own or from a respected third party), supported by our extensive knowledge and expertise. Our reports include:
- A detailed evaluation of the likelihood, extent and impacts of flooding to the site and the surrounding area from river, tidal, groundwater and surface water
- A clear assessment of the likelihood and extent of potential flooding both on-site and within the surrounding area
- A summary of the site survey (if required) along with any existing information and history of flooding on the site
- Photographs from our consultants’ site visit
- Details of any existing flood alleviation measures which may protect the site
- Recommendations for flood resilience and mitigation
Our data, modelling software and expertise are trusted by leading national and international insurers and agencies such as the World Bank, Inter American Bank and International Governments.